Revolutionize Treatment with Real-Time Dose Visualization & Patient Position Monitoring
Radiation therapy is critical in cancer treatment, but even the slightest errors can have serious consequences. DoseRT is a breakthrough technology that combines Cherenkov Imaging with AlignRT® and Horizon cameras, providing real-time visualization of dose delivery and patient positioning to prevent errors and improve clinical outcomes.
Vision RT has partnered with DoseOptics to fully integrate our technologies to launch this breakthrough technology. Read more.
A Treatment Verification Tool
Published data suggests that approximately 10% of patients have errors in their treatment that can be detected¹ by Cherenkov Imaging.
DoseRT provides real-time in-vivo images of dose delivery while monitoring patient positioning to ensure treatment quality.
The therapist is able to toggle between DoseRT imaging and AlignRT postural video screens during treatment.
Cherenkov imaging has been clinically tested on breast, head & neck, lung, and SRS.
Dose Visualization Can Help Prevent Treatment Errors In Real Time
What is Cherenkov Imaging?
During radiation therapy, Cherenkov light is emitted from the patient’s skin where the radiation beam enters or exits the body.
Cherenkov Imaging uses highly sensitive cameras, synchronized with both the linac and SGRT, to visualize this light from the patient’s skin.
Cherenkov Imaging: Seeing Radiation Therapy in a New Light
Dose Visualization + SGRT Can Help Improve Treatment Quality
- 21% of Preventable Reported Events could be prevented with SGRT.³
- 43% due to wrong isocenter
- 34% due to wrong accessory
“Cherenkoscopy is a unique method for visualizing surface dose resulting in real-time quality control. We propose that this system could detect radiation therapy errors in everyday clinical practice at a time when these errors can be corrected to result in improved safety and quality of radiation therapy.”4
Lesley Jarvis, MD, PhD
Radiation Oncology Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
1. Jarvis LA et al. Initial Clinical Experience of Cherenkov Imaging in External Beam Radiation Therapy Identifies Opportunities to Improve Treatment Delivery. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2021 Apr 1;109(5):1627-1637
2. Burt, Lindsay M.; Ying, Jian; Poppe, Matthew M.; Suneja, Gita; Gaffney, David K. (2017): Risk of secondary malignancies after radiation therapy for breast cancer: Comprehensive results. In Breast (Edinburgh, Scotland) 35, pp. 122–129. DOI: 10.1016/j.breast.2017.07.004.
3. Hania Al-Hallaq et al. The role of surface-guided radiation therapy improving patient safety. Radiotherapy and Oncology. 2021 August 26: 163(2021) 229-236.
4. Jarvis LA et al. Cherenkov Video Imaging Allows for the First Visualization of Radiation Therapy in Real Time. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2014 Jan 27;89(3);615-622