For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Vision RT Limited of Dove House, Arcadia Avenue, London N3 2JU, United Kingdom.
The information we receive, and how we use it, depends on what you do when visiting this Web Site. We collect and use your non-personal information (information that does not identify you) differently than your personal information (information that does identify you).
WHAT IS NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Non-personal information is information that does not identify you as an individual person. It may include information such as the following:
- the type of web browser software you use (such as Internet Explorer);
- the name of the domain from which you access the Internet;
- the Internet address of the web site from which you linked directly to this Web Site;
- the date and time you access this Web Site;
- which pages you have visited on this Web Site, page response times and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs); and
- personal information that has been de-identified.
If you visit this Web Site to read or download information, such as information about a health condition or about one of our products, we may collect certain non-personal information about you from your computer. This information is collected from your computer’s web browser: If you only read or download information on this Web Site, we do not collect or learn your name, e-mail address, home address, or other personal information about you.
WHAT DOES VISION RT DO WITH NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will use non-personal information collected through this Web Site to make the Web Site more useful to visitors. We also will use non-personal information for other business purposes. For example, we may use non-personal information or aggregate de-identified personal information to:
- create reports for internal use to develop programs, products, services or content;
- customize the information or services that are of interest to you;
- share it with third parties; and
- provide aggregated “traffic statistics” and “response rates” to third parties.
We may place a text file called a cookie in the browser files of your computer when you visit. The cookie may be stored on your computer’s hard drive. The information that we collect using cookies is non-personal information, for example the first level domain name of the user (if your e-mail address is “email@example.com,” the cookie collects the “domain.com” portion of your e-mail address), and the date and the time you accessed this Web Site. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but some parts of our web site may not work properly for you if you do so. We will not allow third parties to place cookies on this Web Site. Please see below for further information as to the types of cookies we use on this Web Site.
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information is information we collect through this Web Site that we can use to specifically identify you, such as your:
- date of birth;
- telephone number;
- home or mail address;
- e-mail address; and
- personal health information.
HOW DOES VISION RT RETAIN CUSTOMER SERVICE CORRESPONDENCE?
We may collect personal information from you through this Web Site. For example, you may fill out a registration form, a survey, or an e-mail form. We may use and analyze your personal information to:
- respond to your requests;
- personalize your access to this Web Site, for example, by telling you about new features that may be of interest to you;
- develop records, including records of your personal information;
- contact you with information that might be of interest to you;
- research, develop and improve programs, products, services and content;
- remove your personal identifiers (your name, e-mail address, social security number, etc). Once we have de-identified information, it is non-personal information and we may treat it like other non-personal information;
- protect our rights or property, including this Web Site;
- protect someone’s health, safety or welfare;
- comply with a law or regulation, court order or other legal process; and
- increase our relationship with you.
DOES VISION RT EVER SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
In the ordinary course of business, we will share some personal information with companies that act on our behalf to perform services or functions, including analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of this Web Site.
In all cases in which we share your personal information with a third party, we will not authorize them to keep, disclose or use your personal information except for the purpose of providing the services we asked them to provide.
We will not sell, exchange or publish your personal information, except in conjunction with a corporate or asset sale, merger, dissolution, or acquisition. We may be legally compelled to release your personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, law or regulation. We may cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating and prosecuting web site visitors who violate our rules or engage in behaviour which is harmful to other visitors or illegal. We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we feel that the disclosure is necessary to:
- protect our rights or property;
- protect someone’s health, safety or welfare; and
- comply with a law, directive, regulation, court order or other legal or regulatory process.
We may additionally disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Vision RT Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHAT ABOUT PRIVACY ON OTHER WEB SITES?
DOES VISION RT EVER COMMUNICATE DIRECTLY WITH VISITORS TO THIS WEB SITE?
Unless prevented by applicable law from doing so, we may contact you periodically by e-mail, mail or telephone to provide information regarding programs, products, services and content that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data. In addition, some of the features on this Web Site allow you to communicate with us using an online form. The response or confirmation to you may include your personal information, including personal information about your health, your name, address, etc. We cannot guarantee that responses by e-mails will be secure from unauthorized interception.
ARE THERE SPECIAL RULES ABOUT CHILDREN’S PRIVACY?
We care about protecting the online privacy of children. We will not intentionally collect any personal information (such as a child’s name or e-mail address) from children under the age of 18. If you think that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to delete that information from our databases.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of this Web Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this Web Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
FURTHER INFORMATION REGARDING COOKIES
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of this Web Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of this Web Site.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way this Web Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to this Web Site. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to this Web Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make this Web Site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below:
Cookie: First party cookie – set by this Web Site
Cookie: Third party cookies – set by Google
Name: _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz
Purpose: These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited